Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Unit 4 Blog 1: My Distraction

 



My Biggest Distraction

Good evening, everyone, I am excited to talk about my biggest distraction in this next blog post, and I hope that you all find it interesting and also are shocked by it as well. Before I get into this, what do you think my biggest distraction is going to be? I can let you know up front that it does NOT pertain to basketball for once! How about we just get into it?

So, my biggest distraction is (drumroll please) …POETRY! Now I am really hoping for those of you who don’t know me that this catches you all by surprise, which is my goal because not many know about my true secret talent. To add on to that, I am also a song writer (not a singer let’s not get it confused please), and I enjoy doing both frequently. Somewhere in this blog I am going to place one of my poems in here, so that you can give me an honest rating on it!

Why is this my biggest distraction you may ask? Well, I am glad you asked, because growing up I started doing this at a very young age, and I will credit my mom because she is the one who taught me overall how to write properly, even though I learned mostly by myself (I have to give her some credit because she thinks I disrespect her when I say that ha-ha)!

Also, poetry has always helped me to take my mind off things, because I have talked about this in another post before, but it helps me to relieve things out of my mind and gives me breath of fresh air that I don’t always feel able to breathe freely. Often, I would find myself slacking because sometimes I would get tired of having to come up with new and different ideas daily, so I can say I was lacking motivation.

In the worst way possible, I once again found motivation to want to continue being consistent with my work again after the passing of my uncle. When I lost my uncle back in 2009, I also lost a part of me, and it left a deep black hole that I felt I was falling through. I wrote a poem for him before his funeral that I was going to share at that time, but I always kept it to myself because it was sacred work to me in a way. I realized that my poetry had an impact on others just as much or more than it did for me, and I immediately knew that I needed to share with those who were dealing with similar situations in life, to help them get through trials and obstacles in their life.

To conclude, I have made an impact on many others using my distraction, versus letting social media be my distraction. If I was to go down that road and path, I don’t think I would have molded into the character that I am today, that guy who is always there for others to make sure that they are well and have no worries or regrets after reading my message, which is deeper than life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...