Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Unit 3 Blog 1: Payback

 


https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.Z8c6GVtaetPEroAJCWdaKgHaE7?w=279&h=186&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7


Pay-Back-Is-Great

“Payback is a dish that is best served cold”! HAHAHA, how many times have you heard that punchline before? I love it when people say that, because they just assume that’s all payback is, which is just not right at all. There is two ways to define payback, with the first way being to seek or get revenge on somebody or a group, with an example of going after the thief who stole your money, or even that one kid at school who has always picked on you until you were taller and bigger and now, he is scared. Then we have my definition, which is even better to do and what we will be talking about today, which is paying somebody back mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Now will I cover those specific topics one by one? Of course not, you are only reading this because you found my blog in the junk mail, but I am happy that you decided to stop by today!
So, now that we knocked that out the way, how important do you think it is to pay somebody back? What I have done personally is conducted my own little experiment into that, so it was pretty simple for how I did what I had to do. I have many people who I claim as my friends, because I love all and I hope that all love me. But often times, I find myself to be the friend that is always giving to others, whether it be a physical item such as money, or even a controller or some paper, which I never ask for anything in return, but I do ask that they can return that favor me someday eventually.

Am I wrong for going about that process this way? I sure hope that y’all with let me know if you come across this. So, what I did to experiment was ask different friends if I could borrow something, and if they said yes, I would simply ask if I needed to pay them back. I know this sounds like a sketchy thing to do, but it was meant to put them in an uncomfortable situation to get a true answer from them and let’s just say I was impressed.

So, I wanted to keep the numbers evened out, so I only asked 16 of my friends, even ones that I am not as close with. Out of all 16 friends, only 4 of them asked if I could pay them back whatever I had borrowed, which was shocking to me as well. When they answered this, I simply asked if there was a time limit for which I needed to, which they all said no because they trust me. Now with the other 12 friends, I asked why they not wanted me to owe them or pay them back, and they basically all said that I was a great friend, who never asks for anything and am always willing to help and give to others, which made me happy with sad tears of joy.

To best conclude this blog, I would like to say to not be selfish with others, and to give love peace and positivity in everything that you do. God gave us another chance at life when he could have completely ended the Earth, but he didn’t ask for anything back in return expect for us to praise and worship his name, and also live the way that he has directed us into doing so that we continue to prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...