Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Saturday, February 13, 2021

But do you REALLY like it?

Do you ever just wonder why you have social media, why do you post pictures, why do you share pictures on your stories, or like photos of others. What is the point of it? Really think about it for a second... (ill wait................) 

...

...

Okay cool, now that we have thought about why we do it now we have to be honest with ourselves on if we do it for ourselves or if we do it for society. Because everyone else is doing it does not mean that we have to do it as well or even have the social media platform. I personally look back to all my posts and things that I share and like and I would have to say that I post to remember all the memories and fun times. I do like photos for the aspect of just liking them and to keep scrolling because I like EVERYTHING that is on my feed, even if I do not like it or like the person that posted it (WHATT?) yeah, how does that make any sense? These are the things that we are diving into and really trying to find out why we do it. I realize do not like Twitter I can not stand it and I had it when I got a smartphone because everyone else had it and all my friends used it. I never like Twitter I do not like the aspect of it and therefore I got rid of it. I do have many other social media platforms to begin with because you weren't cool if you didn't have it or it was the first thing you got when you had a smartphone. 

While I was trying to write this I just posted on my instagram story about my 17s club volleyball team taking 1st place again this weekend. Its the little things that we do not notice. But i did it so everyone can see that our team is amazing, I love my players and that their coach appreciates their hard work as well. No matter what it is that you are posting are you doing it for a personal purpose or for your own self? Do you record them for the popularity, the likes and views on the pictures and videos, or are you doing it to look back on and for those who you are posting about not caring about the likes and views? It is a hard thing to realize but when we know our purpose I think we can see the selfishness in us or the selflessness in us. 


Are you a selfish person for all the likes or are you a selfless person to do it for yourself? I am interested to know based on the fact that we will be talking about this topic for the next couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...