Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Social media made me a walking style critic

If you have been taking Vrooman's classes for the past few semesters you should know by now that I'm the girl who wears glasses and talks way too much 😂

I looooove social media but I don't know exactly why. It helps that I do photography and real estate so I normally have a lot of reasons to post. I guess it has to do with the fact that I can present myself how ever I want, and I can change whenever I want. It's the one aspect where you can control and edit how people see you. This is what Humpreys likes to call "I" and "me".

I have to give my glow up all credit to social media because it taught me how to stop doing crazy looking makeup and wearing weird clothes. I guess you could say I studied social media in my younger years, and well now I am definitely a part time style critic. I can't walk past someone without thinking about what's wrong with their outfit or how I would style their hair and do their makeup oops. My brain also functions this way when I look at someones social media account. I guess you could say I like makeovers? 

I have a guilty past time of taking a look at someones social media feed and trying to figure what kind of person they want us to think they are, and what kind of social media user they are. I have broken it down into a few groups. There are what Vrooman likes to call "the scrapbookers", "the nerds", "the cool kids", and "the weightlifter jock".

If you post vlog, ootd, a lot of memories, post pretty regularly (or sometimes it's only special occasions counts too.), and you don't seem to care what your feed or how great the picture looks you are probably a scrap booker account. 

If you post really weird things that most people have no clue what it is 😂, have a way higher following count than followers,  post a lot of book and movie reviews, and don't have any decent pictures of yourself or with others you probably have a nerd account. 

If you post dope high quality pictures, and yes selfies count. I see all you makeup gurus, and photographers! You either have or don't post your party pictures but your probably tagged in them, and you followers count is higher than your following then you are probably a cool kid account. 

And finally the gym rat. If all you post are mirror selfies and douche bag looking selfies, yeah we can tell the difference. And probably only have 5 posts total and there all yourself or the gym floor.. You are probably the weightlifter jock account.

Please don't think I'm roasting or being rude, this is genuinely just how I see and categorize instagram accounts.

Also I do charge for instagram make overs if you need one or know someone who needs one ;)

Tata for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...