Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Drawing the Line Between Simple and Extravagant Art

simple line art vs really detailed art on Instagram and Pinterest. Pinterest and Instagram are very "aesthetic and campy" social media platforms, so I chose them for finding art. There are lots of art pages/boards on these places rather than twitter and Facebook. because Facebook and twitter are more word based and more prone to arguments and shit. Art doesn't argue, it just is. its there for admiration. My topic deals with finding which art style (i chose two: simple pen line art and very complicated/time consuming  oil art) has more appreciation? The reason is because i see line art as very easy but potentially very meaningful style, and i see beautiful oil paintings as more appreciated and celebrated. I do not have a favorite- i just want to see which one is more recognized. Which style has more follows or likes? So my method here was to create a new Instagram account and follow five of the most popular pages of each style of art and gather my data. I will document their amount of followers, the average number of likes for a post and the average number of comments for a post. I will type in "simple line art" for that category and "elaborate oils" for my other category. I ended up having to use tags because they were better fitted for finding the pages that i needed. I have five line art and five oil art pages that i now follow on my new instagram account and yeah. My plan is to average up all the numbers like "likes"and"comments" and "followers" then see which style is more appreciated on instagram. My theory is that since people admire oils for their complexity that they will outweigh line art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...