Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Project Method

For my project, I am going to be looking at the hashtag #happyathome, specifically on Tik Tok. I want to gain an understanding of what people are doing to keep themselves busy while in quarantine (and also for likes if we're honest).

As far as the method goes, I will be going to the #happyathome page that Tik Tok has set up and viewing the first 100 that appear on the page. Here's a picture for reference as to what that looks like:


I will start from the first video pictured and scroll my way through 100, that way I can see the most popular videos that the most people have interacted with rather than random videos that may have no significance. When I am going through the videos, I am going to be marking them into groups. For example groups such as cooking, exercise, art, etc. so that I can see what people are doing while they are stuck at home. I want to gain an understanding of the trends people are falling into and how Tik Tok may have a role in peoples' behavior during this unusual time. I will also make note when I see celebrities participating in this trend because I want to see if that is different from other postings. My goal is to gain an understanding of the effect on people and their behaviors from staying at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...