Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

your life in posts

 lately, since Instagram and Snapchat have been the diaries of this time I feel like most people dont use a book to write anymore.  social media has taken over the world in many ways,  but I feel like what it has most affected is the way people document their lives. in Snapchat, we have memories were videos or pictures you have taken can be saved and seen anytime you want rather than you write down in a travel journal or diary that you used to keep with you. on Instagram we've developed something called highlights where we can post certain things in certain categories based on what we've done or what you have set that category up for. I feel in my opinion that this is kind of a bad thing, see where I look at it I feel people can really find out who you hang out with and who your company yourself with. i feel like most people don't think about stalkers and people that are weird that try and follow you and see where you go, I don't usually post just because of this. I feel like people today have gotten too comfortable with their posts on social media and don't really think of the many risks they are taking while doing this. I feel keeping a journal to keep all your day-to-day activities is smart and something people should get back into because posts you have made can always catch back up with you and can always get you in the end. another thing I've seen a lot lately is vlogging when people go on trips, I feel like when people do this they take away from the actual joy of just going on a trip because half the trip they are just recording themselves going on these trips and explaining everything they're doing. don't get me wrong I like watching them sometimes but at the same time it gets me thinking about how their trip actually goes and if it were me I would be annoyed if the whole time I was on a trip someone was recording and talking about there day because most of the time when people vlog they have this fake tone of voice like they become a person that they arent and start being fake then you see how they are in real life and its like boom completely different person. from the ideas I've seen in the Humphreys book we've been reading is a lot of negative things about social media and I honestly have become sided with disliking social media, especially tik tok, tik tok has something in it that can find your location and puts videos that much up with exactly how you are and sometimes me and my friends will test it out to see how it works. we once had played a tik tok next to my friend's phone and then a couple minutes later we saw the same tik tok on his phone. social media is cool and all but I feel like some aspects of it arent really deeply looked at and are pretty scary to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...