Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Monday, January 25, 2021

Me, Mead & I

     George Herbert Mead has came up with the social idea of "I and Me" viewed in ways of the social world and norms. To touch base on the definition of "me" is what the reflected view of society and social influences. The "I" is what is reflected and viewed as by yourself that society and social influences are not present. 

    Have you ever followed someone that you know really well on the inside and then see their social media platform profile and realize that it is not who you thought you knew or it is a different side of them. This is the me of social media influence's. But do we still have the control of ourself's to be our own I without social media platforms telling us how to act or what to post is appropriate? 

I do not follow many social media influencers but I do think that there are some out there that show you who they want you to think they are through social media and what they post vs who they really are behind the screen that they are posting it on. I do follow more renovation and family orientated accounts that will show the before and after or the reality vs the instagram pictures. I think this is a balance of both the I and Me view in our lives. 


Here is a page that I follow and is a local couple that is renovating their house, I believe that this a great to see the me influences of social media to get the picture perfect Christmas fireplace and mantle vs what in real life it looks like out side of the social media lenses. 
I believe we all still have the will power of our own I if we step away from the social media camera lenses and see ourselves for who we are and what life is all about not what is portrayed on our screen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...