Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Method: Jeffree Star

There are two platforms I am going to be working with. Twitter and YouTube is the main stage for Beauty enthusiast Jeffree Star. I am going to be evaluating how much the beauty community has crashed due to coronavirus using Jeffree star as an example. 


How I will search: Going on to his twitter profile is very easily accessible, there are tweets anywhere from 1-4 times a day about random topics. On YouTube is where a lot of the focus is at, the content is what I have to be looking at as well as how much he used to post versus how much he posts now. Looking at the timeline is important because I want to begin a few weeks before everything begins to shut down in the US, both twitter and YouTube should reflect this decrease in content.
When, and when will I stop: as stated above, I want to go back to a few weeks prior to everything shutting down (3/1/20), look at the twitter content and watch the YouTube content as well. I will stop looking at the content a month after my start period (4/1/20)
What I am searching for: my goal in this project is to find a shift in advertising as well as content that is being released if any at all. Jeffree star is a controversial human being who markets his own products almost daily, but since the outbreak the content on his Twitter and Youtube have changed but how? In what ways have they shifted? Is he trying to target a different audience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...