Join us in our public Facebook Group, where we will discuss these issues.

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Screen time and age requirements

This blog posts will be about what screen time means and what my screen time shows about myself and when should a person be able to use a phone. I will start off by addressing the age part. Growing up I thought I lived a pretty active life and didn’t worry much about getting my first phone or any type of video games. I think this can kind of go back to what we’re talking about in the last post where I said people need to find hobbies and things to do so that you are not worried too much about the electronics. I think today’s society is a good group to look at when it comes to deciding when it is a good time for a person to get a phone. All my little cousins have asked for new phones every year for Christmas at such a young age and my parents would have slapped me if I asked for one when I was not even in middle school yet. When you really look around the community and see the little kids  on social media it is honestly scary. These little kids don’t know what common sense is in the first place. These kids don’t even know how to wipe their own but, THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE A PHONE AT THIS YOUNG OF AN AGE. Looking at my family, the older kids in our family did not get phones till 8th grade and freshman year. And for the most part, we seem to be doing just fine and are pretty normal. The young kids that have phones right now are honestly kind of annoying because they always ask question on what to do and are hooked on their phone nonstop just because they think it is so cool. I don’t think that they have the responsibility to be handling electronics because this could lead to them posting something that they are going to regret down the road because everything that is posted is there forever weather you know it or not. They could also possibly see something that their little brains and eyes are not allowed to see that might mess with their head. With all this being said, the older generation can do the same exact thing. It’s just a part of life. There have lots of normal people as well as celebrities that have been Torn down to pieces for something that they posted a long time ago and this is the danger of social media and this is why you should really think before you post anything.

I will now transition to the screen time portion. I think sometimes we tend to forget how much time we really spend on our phones and this setting makes it easy for people to check up to make sure what their history is, and it’s just a cool thing to go back to look at. Let’s take a look at what exactly my screen time was for today. As of right now, my daily average of 7 hours and 38 minutes which seems like a normal amount of time to me. If you really think about it, that Is a long time for someone to be staring at your phone screen. I recently compared my screen time to my friends and there is a 3 hour difference..... that makes me feel like I am spending useless time on my phone... and to be honest, I am . The apps that I take up most of my time are, Snapchat with 2 hours and 50 minutes, Tik tok with 2 hours and 6 minutes , safari with 45 minutes and twitter with 30 minutes. I think that this shows that I need to take some time off of my phone as I don’t use it for anything that really benefits me. If you are the type of person that has a long screen time but it’s for a job or something that is used to benefit your future, then it is okay. But if it for something that is useless, try to stray away from whatever it is that you are doing. I am not here to tell you how to live your life or how to treat your kids once they ask for kids because when it is that tome for us, life will be totally different. I am just giving my personal opinion on what I will Possibly do with my kids because of the mistakes that I have made through my life time. Social media will never go away! Have fun and be safe with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Paper, Part 2: Literature Review

hdstsytsdystsutsyt Literature Review Social platform reddit can tell us a lot about the impacts pandemic. For example, Hossu and Pardee ( 20...